On My Mind Today:
Usher - Scream
(I heard it on my way to work today & it's stuck in my head - or as much a song can be stuck in your head when you don't know the lyrics yet).
I don't know if it's mold, the AC, or what - but my coworkers and I have decided that the building we work in needs to be overhauled. I walk in perfectly healthy and in a couple of hours have a sinus headache/ dizziness. You know what, though? I'm pretty sure it can't hurt to think myself as healthy as possible - in my research I came across This Article from the Journal of Young Investigators on what has been learned so far regarding meditation & longevity/ health - worth a look.
The Massive Malaria Surge in the Democratic Republic of Congo - cost and geographic inaccessibility remain the biggest obstacles to people obtaining proper medical care. It frustrates me that I can't just go over there and do something that I feel impacts directly enough, but I need to work on not letting that keep me from figuring out what I can do here and now.
I've enlisted one of my bosses as a fellow guinea pig in my quest to find out firsthand if certain natural treatments for common ailments have any scientific merit. At least at this point in my medical career I can claim ignorance as the reason I'm doing human trials.
(There IS an upside to this ridiculously long journey!)
0 comments:
Post a Comment